Saturday, April 9, 2011

Love You Are My Love -MINA (GONE WITH THE WIND)

spilling crimson says....(Gone with the Wind)
Scarlett: [to Rhett] If I said I was madly in love with you you'd know I was lying.


Scarlett: Rhett... if you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?
Rhett Butler: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
[Rhett walks off into the fog]





Rhett Butler: Would you satisfy my curiosity on a point which has bothered me for some time?
Scarlett: Well, what is it? Be quick!
Rhett Butler: Tell me, Scarlett, do you never shrink from marrying men you don't love?
Scarlett: How did you ever get out of jail? Why didn't they hang you?

[choked up about Rhett and Scarlett]

Mammy: It makes my blood run cold, the things they say to one another.



Scarlett: I only know that I love you.
Rhett Butler: That's your misfortune.



Mammy: She says she's comin'. I don't know why she's comin', but she's a-comin'.
Rhett Butler: You don't like me, Mammy.
Mammy: Hmph!
Rhett Butler: Now don't you argue with me. You don't. You really don't.

Rhett Butler: So, you see I shall have to marry you.
Scarlett: I've never heard of such bad taste.
Rhett Butler: Would you be more convinced if I fell to my knees?
Scarlett: Turn me loose, you varmint, and get out of here!
Rhett Butler: Forgive me for startling you with the impetuosity of my sentiments, my dear Scarlett. I mean, my dear Mrs. Kennedy. But it cannot have escaped your notice that for some time past the friendship I have felt for you has ripened into a deeper feeling. A feeling more beautiful, more pure, more sacred. Dare I name it? Can it be love?
Scarlett: Get up off your knees! I don't like your common jokes!
Rhett Butler: This is an honorable proposal of marriage made at what I consider a most opportune moment. I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.
Scarlett: You're coarse, and you're conceited. And I think this conversation has gone far enough.





Scarlett: [Rhett has heard Scarlett's and Ashley's fight] and Sir you should have made your presence known
Rhett Butler: In the middle of that beautiful love scene. Now that wouldn't have been very tactful would it?
Scarlett: Oh! You sir are no gentlemen.
Rhett Butler: And you Ms. are no lady.
[She is shocked and hurt]
Rhett Butler: Don't think I hold that against you. Ladies have never held any appeal for me



Rhett Butler: The right moment everyday.
Scarlett: You're a conceited, black heated vulture and I don't know I let you come in and see me.
Rhett Butler: I'll tell you why, Scarlett. The war can't last much longer.



Dropping Scarlett at Ashley's birthday party]
Rhett Butler: You go into the arena alone. The lions are hungry for you.



Scarlett: But you are a blockade runner.
Rhett Butler: For profit, and profit only.
Scarlett: Are you tryin' to tell me you don't believe in the cause?
Rhett Butler: I believe in Rhett Butler, he's the only cause I know.